Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hello all,

A great day!! I spent last night at the hospital on-call, so it was a 24 hour shift. Although the pager was nice to me, the bed sure wasn't and I hardly slept. I got up, responded to an emergency and then left to go to church. Normally I would have just gone home to sleep for a while in my easy chair or my own bed, there was a meeting after church that I was required to attend. It turned out to be a real blessing for me. Since this is first Sunday of the month, of course there was communion, but there was also a scripture and message that spoke to me.

After the service, the commitee that is supporting my quest for ordination met. This was the initial meeting and all of them are just great to work with and very supportive of my goals and understand my fears.

Now for the biggest challenge. Labor day is looming in the not too distant future, and I need a job. I have resumes out, and have an alternative that the committee on Church and Ministry is considering. Please, all my family and friends, pray that God opens that door, and soon!!! I know, I need to pray for patience, so please God, give me patience and GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!

God's grace and peace to all.

No comments: